If you want your site to have a Web 2.0 look: Building your own Web 2.0 layout
• Provide services, not packaged software
• Seek to own unique data for competitive advantage
• Design for user participation, e.g. let users add value by supplementing library-created metadata with user-created metadata
• Design for remixability. Encourage “mashups” and service recombination
• Adopt perpetual test model and release new features as soon as they are available
• Trust users as co-developers, i.e. release new features on a monthly, weekly, or even daily basis, and remove features that are not being adopted by users
Update: Just don’t overdo it 😉
Update: I just did a small Web 2.0 makeover of my Astrotest website, but I’m still in doubt on the link colors… blueish? or greenish? or reddish?
Update: A web 2.0 generator! Funny and even useful.
Update: A howto of web 2.0 design features.
Tags: Software development